IN THIS ARTICLE
Simulate cloth with NVIDIA Cloth
With NVIDIA Cloth in Open 3D Engine you can create realistic cloth simulations for entities that contain Actor or Mesh components. The NVIDIA Cloth gem provides a component you can use to simulate cloth on any mesh that has been processed with a Cloth modifier applied in FBX Settings.
To use NVIDIA Cloth you must enable the NVIDIA Cloth gem.
- Apply cloth data to meshes imported from
- Add cloth simulation to entities containing Mesh and Actor components.
- Cloth mesh simplification and static triangle removal allow you to use complex cloth meshes and yield faster cloth simulation.
- Define Inverse mass, Motion constraints, and Backstop per cloth particle with vertex color streams you create.
- Blend between cloth simulation and actor keyframe animation with motion constraints.
- Add cloth colliders to actors with Animation Editor.
- Add local wind forces to your cloth simulations or use force regions to simulate wind.
- Simulate cloth in parallel across available CPU cores.
- NVIDIA Cloth gem’s public API allows other systems and gems to access cloth simulation functionality.
- Debug cloth simulations and constraints with real-time cloth debug visualizations.
Cloth component - Cloth component reference.
Cloth for Mesh components - Create cloth for entities containing Mesh components.
Cloth for Actor components - Create cloth for entities containing Actor components.
Per vertex properties for cloth - Use per vertex properties to define the Inverse mass, Motion constraints, and Backstop to create higher quality and more predictable cloth simulations.
Cloth simulation constraints - An overview of how Motion constraints and Backstop work to improve the results of cloth simulations.
Cloth visual debugger - Enable the visual debugger for cloth simulations.
NVIDIA Cloth documentation at the NVIDIA GAMEWORKS developer portal.